Perhaps this is slightly premature, but it appears (based on one data point, plus a fussy day today) that Thomas has another case of TD. This makes illness #3 in the past three weeks. I must say that I'm a little discouraged. It's already really hard work to keep him fed & reasonably safe, even with deciding to cut a few corners to maintain sanity (e.g., we lately have just been airdrying the jars we use to feed him rather than boiling them in the tiny batches allowed by our small kettle).
Part of the difficulty is that there are so many potential sources that it's hard to narrow down where we should focus. Is it the many (easily at least 10, often more) people who touch his hands and face any time we go out? Though we say no these days when people try to take him from our arms, it is essentially impossible to keep people from touching him without feeling extremely rude. Is it the not boiling of jars? Is it feeding him from our plates on occasion? Is it something in the way I prepare his food? (I try to be really careful.) Is it the way our clothes are washed? (In a river, if I understood correctly.) It's just hard to know.
Meanwhile, we have lots of azithromycin syrup, so hopefully that will do the trick if necessary. But I would also welcome any wisdom and/or prayer if you have any. I won't be hasty and don't feel urgent about this decision just yet, but part of me does wonder whether staying the full time is really a good idea for our little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alicia, I am praying that Thomas regains full health very soon. It is so difficult when our children are sick, and especially when we can't figure out why. It sounds like you are doing everything reasonably possible for him within the limitations of your current situation. May God bring wisdom and peace as He guides your family, and may He restore Thomas' health, in Jesus' name.
ReplyDelete